Wednesday 30 March 2011

Playdough

I have always hated playdough, it lasts 5 minutes and I spend most of my time throwing away the hard dried up bits that get left behind. But when I started taking my youngest daughter to playgroup, I found their playdough was different; it smelled nice, it looked good and best of all it lasted a long time!

It turns out that playdough is really easy to make; the recipie I'm covering here is made in the microwave, but there is also Stretchy Dough and Modelling Dough which I will try to cover later on.

Microwave Dough

2 cups of plain flour
2 cups of water
2 cups of salt
2 teaspoons of oil
Food colouring/essence/glitter if required
4 teaspoons of cream of tartar

Mix all the ingredients together by hand
Microwave on high for 1 minuite, stir and repeat until dough pulls away from the edge of the bowl
Knead well and store in an airtight container

This makes loads! and as long as you mould it all into a ball when storing it it will last for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment